Monday, November 24, 2008

Cleaned My Pantry & Pulled Food To Donate

Well, it was that time of year again... time to go through the pantry and pull out food to donate for this years Cheers For Children and Food Share drive.

My pantry had been screaming recently for a little straightening up, so I was so glad to finally do it!!
You can see the photo to the left is the pile I pulled out to donate. It ended up filling up 10 bags!!

I'm so happy to be able to donate so much during the year to Food Share and the local Teen Housing. Couponing has not only blessed my own family, but others as well, and I love that about my awesome hobby!! Unfortunately, I'm sad because when I look at this pile, I see mostly stuff I was able to purchase BEFORE our local Ralphs & Vons stores changed the doubling policies in June & August. Which means I'm not going to be able to get much extra stuff to donate. I'll always donate, but it's not going to be nearly at the same level as in prior years.






The pictures to the left show my straightened up pantry!! Yippee!! Since the coupon policy HAS changed for us, I kept more than I normally would have since I'll be getting less for us too!! But at least know what we have again!!













No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments!!