Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Day of Shopping

It's 2009!!
Time to eat better and make better choices!!
I cleaned out the fridge yesterday and made room for new stuff!! I haven't been on a large shopping trip in a long time... over a month. Can I whine now that I miss double coupons & my 10% savings at Vons?!
No pictures, because I went to so many stores today, I put it all away as soon as I could!!

BC = Before Coupons & Store Savings
AC = After Coupons & Store Savings

* Vons - BC: $89.94 AC: $27.57
* Ralphs - BC: $66.04 AC: $10.93 OOP (& $13.93 on a gift card that I didn't buy!)
* Ralphs - BC: $12.00 AC: $1.00
* Smart & Final - Total: $9.34 (I got some more 5 oz. plastic cups to make SF Jello in) & apples
* CVS - BC: $264.92 AC: $4.77 (paid with gift card & used $47.40 of ECB's ($42 was a new printer ink cartridge)
* Albertsons - BC: $53.06 AC: $28.94

So I got $495.03 worth of stuff and spent $77.78 OOP!! I'm pleased considering most of this will last 2-4 wks. I'll have to add milk, bread, eggs & fresh fruit.

Some of the stuff I purchased included:
* 5 Boxes of cereal (Crispix & Rice Krispies)
* 2 Gallons of milk
* 1 Dozen eggs
* 4 Fruit cups
* 2 Progresso Soup
* 3 Chef Boyardee (for Ashley) =P
* 2 bags of pasta
* 4 Toothpaste (Crest & Colgate)
* 2 Sensodyne Toothpaste (for mom)
* Lots of fresh Cherries (2.5 lbs)
* Huge bag of string cheese
* Nature Valley granola bars
* Tostitos chips
* 2 Special K Eggo Waffles
* 2 Ben & Jerry's (I got them free, going out with a bang!)
* 16oz. Shredded cheese
* Hot dog buns
* 2 Yogurts (Yo-Plus)
* 2 Ralphs Cream Cheese
* Tropicana OJ
* Toilet Paper
* 3 lbs Cauliflower
* 2 lbs Broccoli
* 1 lb. Baby carrots
* Lettuce
* 2 Russet potatoes
* Jennie-O turkey sausage links
* Foster Farms fresh chicken breast tenders
* Granola mix (on clearance - yummy on yogurt!)
* 8 Gala apples
* Mylanta (for Hays)
* Viactiv Vitamins
* HP Ink Cartridge
* Garnier Conditioner
* 4 LA Times newspapers
* 2 Bags of water softener salt
* 2 Hot Pockets (for Ashley)
* Cinnamon Raisin bread
* Paper plates
* 3 bags of frozen fruit
* 2 Lean Cuisines

...off to make Jello & steam veggies to make puree's for recipes (See Jessica Seinfeld's "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments!!